- This event has passed.
First Responder Electric Vehicle Safety Training (Virtual)
November 29, 2022 @ 10:00 am – 11:30 am
This course, “First Responder Alternative Fuel Vehicle Safety Training,” will address these needs by presenting how alternative fuel vehicles operate, their key components, vehicle identification techniques, immobilization procedures, firefighting and extrication, and overall safety procedures, including proper personal protective equipment.
At the scene, would you know:
• How to quickly identify an electric, hybrid-electric, biofuel, natural gas, hydrogen, or propane-powered vehicle?
• Where the high-voltage batteries, components, and cables are located in an electric drive vehicle?
• How long does a high-voltage system take to fully discharge once disabled?
• How to safely put out electric vehicle fires?
• That the battery in an electric vehicle can store between 200 and 900 volts of electricity?
• That 12-volt battery may be located in areas other than under the hood, and knowing its location is crucial in disabling the vehicle?
• Electric vehicles have high-voltage components in the engine compartment?
• It is difficult to determine if electric vehicles running in electric-only mode are disabled or active?